Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back in raging hot Mississippi

Well, I got back home from Hawaii Monday afternoon unfortunately. You know how things tend to get easier the more you do them? Well saying goodbye to Clay isn't one of them. If anything, it gets harder and harder. Overall, I had a wonderful trip and was very grateful for the time I did get to spend with him.



So as I'm walking out of baggage claim in Memphis to meet Nikki, the heat slapped me in the face like an evil stepmother. The air was so hot and thick, it was ridiculous. I was used to 85-90 degree weather with a nice ocean breeze and wasn't prepared for the nice 'welcome home' I received from mother nature. It didn't help that I had only had a couple hours of sleep either. My flight was overnight and anybody over 5 feet tall knows that airplanes are super cramped and damn near impossible to get comfortable to sleep. I was so tired and worn out that I was running into things like I was drunk or something!!



I didn't waste anytime getting started with volleyball. We started practice the day after I got back (2 weeks before our first game). I'm so ready for the season to get started!!! I've got a pretty young that I have high expectations for. Teachers go back to work Aug 1 and the kids start school on the 7th. It gets earlier every year, but I'm looking forward to it hoping it will make time go by fast until Clay gets here on Aug 26.

2 comments:

Armygurl said...

ok...no mention of missing me and Peyton? That's cool..we don't really miss you either!

ok...maybe a little
*sniff* *sniff*

Meagan said...

LOL!! Now, now...you know I miss you guys!!!